9 replies to this topic

#1 bluefoto

bluefoto

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:26 AM

I am new to Fireworks and am having trouble exporting my design from Fireworks to Dreamweaver. The document is exporting but I am losing all my behaviors. Need Help. Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Thanks,
Todd

#2 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

Hey Todd -

How are you importing into Dreamweaver? Are you simply exporting to HTML/Images and opening the generated HTML document in Dreamweaver or are you using Insert Fireworks HTML option in Dw?

#3 ROGB

ROGB

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Small media design.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

Hey Todd -

How are you importing into Dreamweaver? Are you simply exporting to HTML/Images and opening the generated HTML document in Dreamweaver or are you using Insert Fireworks HTML option in Dw?

PThis is the same question I have... I finnaly found the correct forum discussion for my question. I would like to know the answer to the question posed by Todd also. I have used both options when exporting.. I run into problems with tables in dreamweaveer when I add text.

#4 bluefoto

bluefoto

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

Hey Todd -

Hi Alan,
Thanks for contacting me. You know I have tried so many different things. One time I got it to work correctly but could not figure out exactly what I did. I know that soumds stupid but thats what happened. I am going to try the insert FW HTML option in DW and see if this moves me along. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Todd

#5 bluefoto

bluefoto

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

Hi Alan,
Thanks for contacting me. You know I have tried so many different things. One time I got it to work correctly but could not figure out exactly what I did. I know that soumds stupid but thats what happened. I am going to try the insert FW HTML option in DW and see if this moves me along. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Todd

Hi Alan,
You know I just tried Insert FW HTML and I get a message box saying its the wrong kind of file. It says select an HTML file. Maybe my question is how do I convert an png file to a HTML file?

#6 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hey bluefoto/ROGB -

Check out the live docs for Fireworks. Have you tried the steps in the help? Sounds like you maybe selecting the wrong file. it has to be the html file that was exported from Fireworks.

Exporting Fireworks HTML to Dreamweaver
http://livedocs.adob...lp/14_othe6.htm

If this doesnt help ya, then I'll find some time to create an updated tutorial then this one below as the same steps apply. :)

http://www.adobe.com...trip/index.html

#7 mahidi

mahidi

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hey bluefoto/ROGB -

Check out the live docs for Fireworks. Have you tried the steps in the help? Sounds like you maybe selecting the wrong file. it has to be the html file that was exported from Fireworks.

Exporting Fireworks HTML to Dreamweaver
http://livedocs.adob...lp/14_othe6.htm

If this doesnt help ya, then I'll find some time to create an updated tutorial then this one below as the same steps apply. :)

http://www.adobe.com...trip/index.html

this tutorials are outdated... when webpages was using only tables... is there a tutorial or videotutorial (for non english speakers) with css instead of tables?

#8 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

this tutorials are outdated... when webpages was using only tables... is there a tutorial or videotutorial (for non english speakers) with css instead of tables?

Yes, there are several articles on the Adobe site about using Fireworks to export HTML and CSS. Here is the latest:

http://www.adobe.com...design_css.html

There are also some videos on Adobe TV.

Dave

#9 Shutterjock

Shutterjock

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:33 AM

I am new to Fireworks and am having trouble exporting my design from Fireworks to Dreamweaver. The document is exporting but I am losing all my behaviors. Need Help. Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Thanks,
Todd

Bluefoto: As I know this is coming extremely late in the game for you, and you probably figured it out by now, I'll post this for the rest of those who come on board afterword.
To insert Fireworks elements into Dreamweaver CS4:
1) In fireworks, once your work is done and saved, go to: File -- Export.
2) Once the box opens: Save your work in a designated area for your web site development; then, at the bottom of the options box where it says "Export," select "HTML and Images;"
3) Next to "HTML," select "Export HTML File;"
4) Next to "Slices," select "Export slices;"
5) Now, check the box for "Include areas without slices."
6) Lastly, in DW CS4, place your curser/pointer where you'd like to add the "imagery," go to the common "Image:Fireworks HTML" icon and select it. Then search out your file when asked in the following box and you're done.

I hope that helps someone.

#10 Carolyn Y

Carolyn Y

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

Yes, there are several articles on the Adobe site about using Fireworks to export HTML and CSS. Here is the latest:

http://www.adobe.com...design_css.html

There are also some videos on Adobe TV.

Dave

Thanks for sharing the link!