4 replies to this topic

#1 modphotography

modphotography

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

This is probably a very simple question, but hopefully some patient and knowledgable person can help me here...

All I want to do is modify one of the default players to change the colors, text, and fonts. I know how to use Flash and made the modifications I wanted, but I when I launch the extension from Fireworks, it still shows the default player. I think I put the new fap and html files in the correct location, and the new version I created shows up in the menu of players to choose from, but it comes out looking exactly like the default player_black that I changed.

Can anyone please please please walk me through what I need to do for my new player to work once I've changed it in Flash? I know how to use Flash fairly well, but have never worked with creating or managing mxi files.

I would even be happy to just overwrite the default player_black with my new version if that makes it any easier, but I don't even seem to be able to do that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Craig

#2 so1980==MikeTaylor

so1980==MikeTaylor

FireworksNut

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks, Sociolinguistics, Dialects, New York City, & Burritos.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:22 AM

it's actually not as hard as you're imagining Craig. it looks like you want to modify the black player, so download the source .fla file from here (the album's home) and open up the .fla in flash, and have at it. if you're just changing the layout, size, color, font, etc., you won't have any problems. just be sure to not change instance names or delete anything.

publish your file, and then place the .swf in the folder with the rest of files that the album creators creates (xml, html, pix folders) and then you're good to go.

let me know how it goes!

#3 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

Yea, hey craig, please let us know if you are having problems!

#4 KendallOhio

KendallOhio

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:57 PM

did the source files move?

#5 stcrajac

stcrajac

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

it's actually not as hard as you're imagining Craig. it looks like you want to modify the black player, so download the source .fla file from here (the album's home) and open up the .fla in flash, and have at it. if you're just changing the layout, size, color, font, etc., you won't have any problems. just be sure to not change instance names or delete anything.

publish your file, and then place the .swf in the folder with the rest of files that the album creators creates (xml, html, pix folders) and then you're good to go.

let me know how it goes!

i have the same problem as craig, ive done what you said and i changed the fla file like in the screenshot. i exported (screenshot). and i dont know now where to put it.. is it in the fireworks/configuration/commands/players/player folder or?
i have a deadline and i need to finish this so pls help me if you can :S

Attached Images

• gale.jpg