7 replies to this topic

#1 Jewell73

Jewell73

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:07 AM

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with lockups during processing?
I am trying to create a slideshow with 64 images and once I hit create it gets to about 47% complete and just stops processing. After a couple of mouse clicks I can get the "program not responding window" and it shuts down fireworks with no problem. It seems that the software is locking up but not my system.
I'm using windows xp and fireworks 8.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FYI - this is my first time using the slideshow extension so my apoligies now if I've missed something obvious!
Thanks!!

#2 so1980==MikeTaylor

so1980==MikeTaylor

FireworksNut

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks, Sociolinguistics, Dialects, New York City, & Burritos.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

hmmm....that's weird jewell. i've used the album creator for a while now, and never had any lockup issues. but 64 images is a lot. how big are the images?

easily, you could just do it all by hand, even though that defeats the coolness of the album creator command panel.

how about creating smaller albums, like 4 with 16 photos apiece? do you know how to add albums to an existing slideshow?

also, if you're interesting in working around the lockup by doing a little manual work, i could walk you through that option as well.

good luck!

#3 Jewell73

Jewell73

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:46 AM

The photos I was adding were about twice the pixel dimension of the default setting and I guess that was the problem because once I changed the sizing to 640x480 px it worked great.
Thanks though for offering to walk me through manually - although manually editing 64 pics scares me!! =)
Thanks again!!

#4 so1980==MikeTaylor

so1980==MikeTaylor

FireworksNut

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks, Sociolinguistics, Dialects, New York City, & Burritos.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:15 AM

no problem.....adding the images by hand isn't as scary as it seems....just take a look at the .xml file that is outputted by the creator and you can get a sense of what you would need to add, and where to stick the photo and a thumbnail.

but then again, no real need for that, huh?

cheers.

#5 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:27 PM

Try un-checking the option in the export tab "Scale to fit" Can you reproduce this every time?

#6 jennavery42

jennavery42

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

I'm having a similar problem -- except that it never gets past 0%. I'm a new user, running Win XP, Fireworks 8, and Album Creator 1.1. I can use the Slideshow command to open the dialog box, load in images, add captions, etc., but when I click Create, the processing dialog never progresses past 0%. I did try with a bunch of images, a few images, and both larger & smaller images (in terms of file size/resoluton) to see if that would make a difference, but no go. What am I missing? Thanks! ~Jenna

#7 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

I'm having a similar problem -- except that it never gets past 0%. I'm a new user, running Win XP, Fireworks 8, and Album Creator 1.1. I can use the Slideshow command to open the dialog box, load in images, add captions, etc., but when I click Create, the processing dialog never progresses past 0%. I did try with a bunch of images, a few images, and both larger & smaller images (in terms of file size/resoluton) to see if that would make a difference, but no go. What am I missing? Thanks! ~Jenna

Hey Jenna -

Can you try exporting with the default settings and let us know what happens? Just add one album and choose a location to export and see if that works. If so, we know there may be a problem somewhere with a custom setting. If not, then we know it may be the type of image you are trying to convert..maybe just guessing at the moment.

Thanks!

#8 JBTL

JBTL

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hey Jenna -

Can you try exporting with the default settings and let us know what happens? Just add one album and choose a location to export and see if that works. If so, we know there may be a problem somewhere with a custom setting. If not, then we know it may be the type of image you are trying to convert..maybe just guessing at the moment.

Thanks!

I am having a similar problem. I can create the slideshow using XP, Fireworks 8, and Album Creator 1.1. However, I can't edit the slideshow after previewing. I go back and select "Open albums," select the root folder, and the slideshow loads. I can make changes, but when I select "Create," the status bar remains at 0%.

Thanks for any help you can give.