7 replies to this topic

#1 Mastov

Mastov

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm not sure if anyone here can give advice, but I have a major technical problem and I'm desperate foro help. On the official Adobe Fireworks no one responds and the tech support isn't helpful either. If this doesn't belong here feel free to delete or move.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing a bug where you cannot save files. As of right now I cannot save files on Adobe Fireworks. I'm just told "file could not be saved an error has occurred". This has persisted for the last several days. I'm running CS6 on OSX 10.8.2.

The official forum doesn't respond to my threads. The tech support just tells me to delete preferences from my library. This doesn't do anything. When the problem persists they claim it's a file specific issue and hang up the phone on me.

I'm just hoping someone else has run into this problem as I cannot use fireworks at all right now.

#2 blue2x

blue2x

FireworksMaster

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Interests:Adobe Fireworks , Business , Investing , Art , Technology

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

This bug you are talking about, does it affect all your previous fireworks source files? And new ones you want to save from a new document ?

Or just a particular file?

#3 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

still theres lots of bugs in fw cs6.Soem tiems when i give inner stroke to rectangle its filling the entire rectange etc.. also some tiemes its not allowing me to open huge psds and am using cs5 to open them

#4 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

That sucks, im using 10.8.2, not sure what happened to ya. have you uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure?

#5 Mastov

Mastov

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Well Adobe has finally acknowledged some of their problems. Their forum is filled with a lot of angry people right now. Fortunately I was able to get around my problem. I just can't work with files bigger than about 160mb.

#6 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Wow! ok Id say that is a big fireworks file. You might want to start thinking about how to section up your work. I feel I know exactly what you are running into to be honest. Let me know if I can help, but i totally understand how it feels to be working in just one file. Its feels great! Until you realize you found the limitations of fireworks.. :( Keep files small and zippy. I think I try to stay under 10mb if at all possible. If I go higher then i start to make incretmental backups as i go. :)

#7 Mastov

Mastov

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Wow! ok Id say that is a big fireworks file. You might want to start thinking about how to section up your work. I feel I know exactly what you are running into to be honest. Let me know if I can help, but i totally understand how it feels to be working in just one file. Its feels great! Until you realize you found the limitations of fireworks.. :)

It's always a question of workflow vs stability. I'll tell you what I'm up against, this will give a sense of why I want to do it this way.

I'm basically building a very long landing page. Think something like apple's features page: http://www.apple.com/imac/features/

However the issue is some component needs to be changed almost every week. I could break this up into shorter segments but it becomes a slice alignment issue.

#8 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Gotcha i see your dilema. :) Keep in mind anything outside of 3000px x 3000px in Fireworks can cause in-stability. I try to stay under those dimensions but find myself working in much higher pixel densitys these days. Mainly because of the retaina display ipad. Why they made it harder on us I have no idea.