• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FWPolice

FWPolice

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks...amm..fireworks...and...more fireworks.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Launch Center 2.0

THE NEW ADOBEFIREWORKS.ORG

The Fireworks Police and Fireworks Interviews have teamed up several months ago to bring you the Launch Center (launch.fwpolice.com). Launch Center was a project that outlined the new and coming features in the new Adobe Fireworks CS6. Through this project, we received well over 250K hits in two months and provide support to the sale to Fireworks. But we don't want to stop there. After many (and by many we do mean many) discussions with extension developers, community members and general Fireworks users, we have decided to start the next Launch Center project. We wanted to use this forum to help us gain ideas and volunteers to help us with this wonderful project.

What We Have
  • New Domain: AdobeFireworks.org
  • The very talented Fireworks Community
Project Leaders (tmp)
  • Sazzad - The Fireworks Police - @FWPolice
  • Linus - Fireworks Interviews - @chunwui
  • More coming soon
Openings
  • Once teams are decided, we will post openings
Volunteers
  • Alex Leeson-Brown (‏@aloox2)
  • Matt Curtis (‏@coderkid_)
Suggested Ideas
Frameworks
  • Wordpress
  • Drupal
  • Custom CMS
Layout/UI
  • Responsive
  • Registration support
  • Mobile access/APP support
Suggested Ideas
  • Database of all FW extensions (similar to SourceForge and Google Code)
  • Library of FW resource sites
  • Annual Meetups/conferences dedicated Fireworks and extending Fireworks
  • Inspiration gallery ("Designed in Fireworks")
Please post your suggestions, ideas and feedback on this project here. You can also reach us on Twitter. We would like to thank Alan and the FireworksGuruForum team for allowing us to use this forum.

#2 JimBabbage

JimBabbage

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

Workflow, integration with other products and tips and tricks would also be good topics

#3 FWPolice

FWPolice

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Workflow, integration with other products and tips and tricks would also be good topics

So a "blog" style section where we can publish tutorials? We do have different websites who publishes tutorials and resources...perhaps an RSS feed to grab post from multiple sites and post link, author and a brief summary with a link to the main site?

#4 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Good Idea .I want this new site to be so busy with more and more active members & stuff. I think if you are using it on a word press platform use auto blog plug-in and pull all the tutorials available on internet as a feed. i wish a separate category for the members submitted tutorials where the members submit their own tutorials and techniques. Also one nice trick to attract more and more Fireworks on the site is every day we need to share a source png.It will sure attract more and more people .Also i wish to see some daily/ weekly contests among the fireworkers to make the site busier & more interesting. Good luck sir.

regards
raja

#5 FWPolice

FWPolice

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Not bad ideas. However, we have agreed to stay away from providing free resources (png source files) on this new site as we are creating this new site to bring the Adobe Fireworks community together. Since there are numerous sites that provide free pngs already, I see no reason to do that as well (not to mention our own site does the same). But having feeds that update the blog of tutorials and resource updates is a great idea indeed.

#6 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Interesting idea, whats holding you back? :P Id like to see a central place for fireworks resources, i have not seen one in a long time except what linus built. the adobe fireworks devcenter used to be an active place and seems its died down due to no adobe support.

#7 FWPolice

FWPolice

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

This is a collaboration between Linus's Fireworks Interviews and FWPolice. We knew that the old dev center died off and we don't want that to happen. That's why we're asking around to see what people want out of this project. If you have any ideas, please do share. We're also looking for a few helping hands. There are several folks from Twitter and Firewonks Google Group that volunteers, but we could use a few more.

#8 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

any further progress on i or is still in embryonic stage??

#9 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Wordpress is the best and use auto blogger plugin to gather all the tutorials rs feeds . You can get thsi plugin in here http://autoblogged.com. i have been using his plugin

#10 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yeah I like wordpress too raja.