#1 Val

Val

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

Hi,
I am having trouble and this is really starting to bother me.

I do a ton of vector work in Illustrator, and sometimes whenever I try to copy/paste my art into fireworks nothing happens. The thing it, it is really hit and miss. Sometimes I have no problems, but most of the them I copy, paste and my computer works like it is pasting... then nothing happens. I am given to option to undo or redo to paste, but the artwork does not appear on the canvas nor in the layers panal.

It just seems to be random, It works with some vectors, not with others. sometimes it works with groups, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works with gradients and blends, sometimes it doesn't...

This problem is really starting to hinder my workflow and costing me and my clients a lot of time and money.

#2 armadillo

armadillo

FireStarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Can you post example files/instructions for us to reproduce? I don't think I've had an instance of Illustrator copying not working for me, but the gradients do occasionally fail.

#3 mpoulter

mpoulter

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

I have a similar issue with pasting from Illustrator into Fireworks.  Specifically, I can't seem to paste bitmaps if they come from an Illustrator layout.  I can successfully paste vectors with no problems, but as soon as I mix in a bitmap, it won't go.  Even if they are grouped - I can paste the group, and all the vectors will paste, but not the bitmap.  

I can paste the same bitmaps from photoshop and they work just fine. 

Any thoughts?