1 reply to this topic

#1 ohiodoc

ohiodoc

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

I want to export my fireworks page to dreamweaver using the css export.Everything is fine expect the page is to the left. I cant seem to figure out how to get it to center in dreamweaver. Normally I would make a container div in dreamweaver and my graphics in there. The fact that fireworks creates the html page already, I dont have a container to put each side of the div layer to auto. I know this must be something simple but I need help. I have a full site created in fireworks and need to finish this.
HELP!! I have the box marked center file in the advance settings in the export menu but that doesnt do it.

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

When you start the export process, you're probably getting a message that overlapping objects are forcing FW to use absolute positioning. This is why your exported page is left-aligned and seems to ignore your request to center-align the page.

The CSS export feature is finicky - if any boundaries of text objects, vector/path objects, and slices overlap, then FW is not sure how to calculate the divs for the export, so it switches to absolute positioning mode and gives EVERYTHING it's own layer and coordinates.

There are several comment threads here on this site and several articles and videos on Adobe.com that go into fairly deep detail on how to structure your FW document to facilitate efficient CSS export. Sorry that I'm not going into an explanation here, but I've written dozens of pages and entries on the topic already, so a quick search should bring them up.

On Adobe.com there are resources in the Fireworks Developer Center, Dreamweaver Developer Center (I have a two-part article here on the topic just a few months ago), and on Adobe TV.

Hope this helps,

Dave