1 reply to this topic

#1 nickl

nickl

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hi, I created a big slice in the middle of my 'page' in which text appears when hovering over another slice.
That all works, but in a certain state I put a 'button' (just an image), and when I create a slice on that 'button' it does not work.
It seems as it does not see this slice, only the bigger one.

How can I solve this ?

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hi, I created a big slice in the middle of my 'page' in which text appears when hovering over another slice.
That all works, but in a certain state I put a 'button' (just an image), and when I create a slice on that 'button' it does not work.
It seems as it does not see this slice, only the bigger one.

How can I solve this ?

Unfortunately, you cannot put a slice in a slice or overlap slices. If you look at the slice guides that appear when you add a slice to a page, you'll notice that they extend all the way to the edge of the page, and when you put a slice in a slice (or overlap slices), the slice guides cut the page up into multiple smaller slices that "add up" to the area of the slices you drew. FW sees each of these "partial slices" as an individual slice.

Remember that slicing was originally created to facilitate table-based layouts for web pages, so the slice guides you see are really the boundaries of all of the table cells.

If you must have a link within or overlapping a slice, you can use a hotspot instead. Hotspots can overlap slices and still function, but you won't be able to get the interactive behaviors (like rollovers and swap image) that you can get with a slice. A hotspot over a button graphic will still have a functioning link, but it will not have a rollover state.

Hope this helps,

Dave