#1 chainy

chainy

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with master pages and page size. I have some pages that do not need to be the same size as the master how can I reduce the size of a page?

Also is there a way to show different elements from the master page kind of turn on/off elements.

thank's Chainy

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with master pages and page size. I have some pages that do not need to be the same size as the master how can I reduce the size of a page?

Also is there a way to show different elements from the master page kind of turn on/off elements.

thank's Chainy

Each regular page can have independent dimensions and canvas color as long as it is NOT linked to the master page. If you see a link icon to the left of a regular page name in the pages panel, then that page will inherit the same size and canvas color as the master page. Click the link icon to UNlink it (the icon will disappear), and you will be able to change the Canvas Size and canvas color from the Properties Panel.

Unfortunately, the visibility of objects and layers on the master page will be the same for ALL pages and cannot be controlled independently on a page-by-page basis. So, if it is visible on the master page, it will be visible on every page.

There are some alternatives:

(1) you can disconnect the Master Page from select pages. If you do not want the entire master page to appear on a page, open the Layers panel, right-click on the Master Page Layer, and choose to remove / disconnect it.

(2) if you want the benefits of shared layers so that you can edit in one place and have the changes appear on multiple pages, then use the Share Layer to Pages feature. Create a layer on a regular page, draw what you want to share on it, then open the Layers Panel, right-click, and choose Share Layer to Pages (this is also available through the options menu at the top-right of the Layers panel if you have a version of FW earlier than CS5.) A dialog will open allowing to pick which pages will have the shared layer.

Hope this helps,

Dave

#3 chainy

chainy

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:12 AM

Thank you Dave great info.

#4 spiral

spiral

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:design, css, icon design

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Echoing dave a bit: I don't use master pages anymore. Since i discovered shared layers, that has been the way to go. they allow me for much more flexibility on what i can share, and the order of the elements (top-bottom)

#5 MelissaDaisy99

MelissaDaisy99

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

thanks for the info..