Photo

I want to create an A5 leaflet using FW, but ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Acknowledged74

Acknowledged74

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hi

Not sure if right area of Forum, so please do move not correct.

I use FW all the time for Web based design, much prefer it to the overly complicated Photoshop.

I want to create, actually I have already designed it in FW, but I need to recreate an A5 leaflet in 300dpi but I'm really unsure of the sizing, and most importantly can i use the Logo I have for the website on this or does this have to recreated again from scratch.

Any other advice on creating files for printing here would be very useful.

Thanks a million.

Ash

#2 AReidMcG

AReidMcG

FireStarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Ash,

First up, you'll need to create your document in cm rather than px.

A5 is 14.8 x 21 (width x height); you should also ask whatever printer you're using whether they require bleed on the file.

Most importantly, you'll need to find out how they handle RGB, as you can't set up a Fireworks file in CMYK. More about colour conversion here.

Finally, your logo. If you've created it as a vector, it should scale fine; if not, can you re-create it as a vector? That would probably be your only possibility unfortunately.

Hope this helps, maybe post some of your work up here and others can help too?

#3 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Remember also to increase the PPI setting to 300 when you create the A5-sized canvas.

Printing directly from FW is not very good (it is a pixel tool for screens, after all) so export your image to PDF and use Acrobat to handle printing.

Dave