10 replies to this topic

#1 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

TweetFire lets you easily tweet the image you're currently working on, without ever leaving Fireworks. The command posts a flattened copy of your image to TwitPic and attaches its URL to your tweet. You can download it here: http://johndunning.c...about/TweetFire

Posted Image

After opening the TweetFire dialog for the first time, you'll need to enter your Twitter username and password. These credentials are saved across sessions in the Fireworks preferences file.

Then tab to the Tweet field and start typing. The number of remaining characters counts down from 110, rather than the typical 140, to leave some room for TwitPic URLs, which are about 25 characters long. Even if you go beyond 110 characters, though, whatever you enter will be sent as the tweet. The text isn't clipped.

When you're ready, just click the Tweet button. Another dialog will open with a progress bar, and will remain open until your image is exported and posted to TwitPic. Once your tweet is live, a dialog will display the URL to your image. This URL is also automatically copied to the clipboard, so you can easily paste it into a browser to view the page.

#2 spiral

spiral

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:design, css, icon design

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

hehe, great. I'm not sure i want to show the world my works in progress, but nice to be able to show the proud result :)

#3 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

Thats cool man!! Going to start using this now. :P

#4 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

John - I love how you got this to work in fireworks. Good show man!

Here's my first tweet using tweetfire and it exposed what Im currently working on, ha!

http://twitter.com/AlanMusselman

#5 Mikko

Mikko

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Bacon

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

I love this extension, sharing random stuff to twitter is now crazy easy.

Hot Tip: You dont have to share the whole screen/layouts - Use Commands / Take Screenshot to capture small part, paste to new and TweetFire it up!

#6 abeall

abeall

FireworksNut

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Brilliant, man! I just might have to finally get Twitter for this...

#7 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hot Tip: You dont have to share the whole screen/layouts - Use Commands / Take Screenshot to capture small part, paste to new and TweetFire it up!

Perhaps I should add an option to upload the whole image or just the current selection.

#8 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Perhaps I should add an option to upload the whole image or just the current selection.

Actually, the option I would like is to export and upload whatever is under the selected slice using the optimization settings of the slice.

This is how I create Dibbble shots, because it makes it easy to select precisely what I want to show, and sometimes I intentionally crop some of the objects in the image area, so exporting the current selection would make it hard to control and crop what I want to show, because ALL of the selected objects would be exported.

Both the twitter and flickr extensions are lots of fun. Thanks!

Dave

#9 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

Actually, the option I would like is to export and upload whatever is under the selected slice using the optimization settings of the slice.

Except for using the optimization settings of the slice (the document's settings are used), the new versions of TweetFire and FlickrFire should now do what you want. Just create a slice, select it, run the command, and then pick "Selection With Background" from the Export menu. Just the portion of the image under the slice will be tweeted or flickr'd.

You can also just select the objects you want to include in the image, which will be cropped to their bounding box. If you choose the "Selection Without Background" option, the selected objects will be exported on a plain white background.

#10 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

Brilliant, man! I just might have to finally get Twitter for this...

If you have a Flickr account, there's always FlickrFire instead...

#11 Mikko

Mikko

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Bacon

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

This is how I create Dibbble shots,

Wait.. you have access to Dribbble? Bring on the invites! :D