2 replies to this topic

#1 robdog

robdog

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

I have a PNG file with 100's of hotspots on it from a PSD. However, when I convert a selected PSD layer into a hotspot it sometimes creates extra coordinates that we do not need. Is there a way to delete a coordinate from a hot spot? Furthermore, is there a way to add a coordinate to a hotspot that is already created?

Thanks.

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

I have a PNG file with 100's of hotspots on it from a PSD. However, when I convert a selected PSD layer into a hotspot it sometimes creates extra coordinates that we do not need. Is there a way to delete a coordinate from a hot spot? Furthermore, is there a way to add a coordinate to a hotspot that is already created?

Thanks.

Wow, what a great question!

I've been creating slices and hotspots for years, and your question made me realize that I've never tried to modify the number of nodes for a hotspot or slice.

I just tried to add and remove nodes from a hotspot, and I couldn't do it. It seems that FW does not treat a hotspot like a path, so using the Path Panel or the Pen tool to modify nodes directly does not work. I also looked for a method to convert a slice or hotspot into a path, then we could modify the nodes and convert it back to a hotspot, but I could not find a way to turn a hotspot into a path, either.

Perhaps there is a way to do this via the FW API and a custom Javascript command, but I have not yet been able to find a way that works with the standard tools, commands, and techniques.

If someone else figures out a way to do this, please post the method here. Thanks!

Dave

#3 robdog

robdog

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

I did find out that you can delete points on a path that will help when converting that path to a hotspot. However, this is a lot of extra work, and as you know, a FW file might not always have paths.

So for now, I am deleting the hotspot, deleting extra points on the paths that I do not need, then re-creating the hotspot. But if someone finds out how to delete hotspot coordinates, please post! :)

Thanks.