Photo

How can I create something similar to the silverlight logo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jinmatt

jinmatt

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:GUI/Web Designer, .NET/PHP Developer, Hardware/Linux Enthusiast.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Can you guys help me to design a logo that have some effects similar to the silverlight logo?
microsoft-silverlight-logo.png

Thanks.

#2 rjsmith2007

rjsmith2007

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

Experiment with shapes (use the pen tool, circle tool, and transform tool) and elliptical gradients. I'll try to post an example soon.

A lot of the shape making could be done with the circle tool, followed by some point adjustments with the pen tool, and then some punching, cutting and joining of the shapes you made.

Since most of this is transparent. I'd go with all slightly transparent shapes (darker ones first, to establish the overall shape) and add some highlights here and there to make the foreground objects pop out to show depth.

Someone else might use the blend path tool from the Paths Panel, but I think this situation is best suited for using shapes.

#3 zamara

zamara

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

ActiveDen aren’t the only ones broadening their horizons. Today sees the beginning of regular Microsoft Silverlight content being published on Activetuts+ and I’m thrilled to say we have Silverlight Evangelist Mike Taulty on board to help us meet demand!
This is the first of two screencasts (with the second coming tomorrow) demonstrating how to build a simple Silverlight 4 map application, using Visual Studio and the C# programming language. You’ll get a decent overview of the Silverlight workflow, and learn what advantages it has over …similar technologies.
Go on – check it out and let us know what you think!

#4 phpmaestro

phpmaestro

FireStarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

Thanks Guys for your discussion i am learning to working with photo-shop CS4.