greens85

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right sections...

I have a need to create textured effects of Markers, Chalk, Crayons etc...

I'm newish to fireworks and have no idea where to even beging creating these effects.

Can anyone help me out?

many thanks,

greens85

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right sections...

I have a need to create textured effects of Markers, Chalk, Crayons etc...

I'm newish to fireworks and have no idea where to even beging creating these effects.

Can anyone help me out?

many thanks,

greens85

You can get different types of lines by changing the stroke type. After you select your drawing tool (try using the Vector Path Tool - it's in the set of Vector tools with the Pen Tool), look in the Properties Panel for the stroke type. You will probably see something like Soft Line or Hard Line - open that menu and look through the available stroke types, and you'll find crayons, markers, pencils, etc.

#3 Eva2010

Eva2010

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

You can get different types of lines by changing the stroke type. After you select your drawing tool (try using the Vector Path Tool - it's in the set of Vector tools with the Pen Tool), look in the Properties Panel for the stroke type. You will probably see something like Soft Line or Hard Line - open that menu and look through the available stroke types, and you'll find crayons, markers, pencils, etc.

yeah..maybe you are right.

#4 AReidMcG

AReidMcG

FireStarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:55 AM

I get a crayon/chalk effect using the following:

Draw with the pen tool set on 1 pixel soft. From the texture drop down select Burlap at 90% with an edge of 60.

Vary the settings depending on how thick your line is.

#5 121312er

121312er

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

One could also use both Chalk and Pastel in the same drawing if one wishes. The smearing of chalk produces more variation in coloring than with Pastel. Also, one could draw over a smeared image to get additional textures.
The key is to just experiment, have fun and enjoy painting.