#1 tapies

tapies

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hi,
please can you tell me: In FW CS4, is there any possibility to add meta tags to be exported > CSS and Images(.htm) ?
So far, I add meta tags manually after very export. Is there any better method?
Thank you very much.
t.

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hi,
please can you tell me: In FW CS4, is there any possibility to add meta tags to be exported > CSS and Images(.htm) ?
So far, I add meta tags manually after very export. Is there any better method?
Thank you very much.
t.

I'm not aware of a way to add meta tags to exported HTML from within Fireworks - there isn't a menu or dialog with those options. The only workaround would be to edit the HTML template files FW uses to generate the HTML code when you export, but this is probably more work (and not worth the trouble) than editing the HTML after it has been exported.

Dave

#3 tapies

tapies

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

I understand, thank you. Best regards.

#4 fuuuuu

fuuuuu

FireworksFreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

You would need to edit the SLICES.XTT (there are multiple ones, it depends which export option you use) and add the tags there. It's actually relatively simple to do, especially if you know javascript. I can help you if you tell me what tags to add.

What would be slightly complicated is if you wanted to add different tags each time, although a work around would be to make multiple SLICES.HTT templates.

#5 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

What would be slightly complicated is if you wanted to add different tags each time, although a work around would be to make multiple SLICES.HTT templates.

It seems like it would be straightforward to create a command that would let you enter meta tags for the document, and store them in the file's pngText. Then the Slices.xtt or CssLayers.htt files could be modified to check the pngText for meta tags. If it finds any, it would include them in the exported HTML.

I've never used FW to export anything other than flat bitmaps, but looking through those export scripts really makes me want to rewrite them...

#6 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

It seems like it would be straightforward to create a command that would let you enter meta tags for the document, and store them in the file's pngText. Then the Slices.xtt or CssLayers.htt files could be modified to check the pngText for meta tags. If it finds any, it would include them in the exported HTML.

I've never used FW to export anything other than flat bitmaps, but looking through those export scripts really makes me want to rewrite them...

Want to rewrite the exported Javascript used to create image swaps and rollovers, too? That code is archaic and bloated - I don't think it's been touched in 10 years... (it still has the "MM_" prefix all through it, too.)

Dave

#7 fuuuuu

fuuuuu

FireworksFreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Good idea, that would definitely work.

For that I suggest OP should check this tutorial: http://www.adobe.com...panels_pt2.html and modify the panel slightly for meta tag use. Then change the SLICES.XTT file to pull the meta tag from the pngText which should be possible in one or two lines of code.