39CentStamp

Fireworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:User Interface Design And
    Custom Installation Of Consumer Electronics

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hello gang! I have a question for those of you who are selling digital goods. Logo's website templates graphics mp3's etc.

What service are you using and why? I am currently using E-junkie and Paypal Pro and its costing $48.00 per month. The service is fine but i wanted to know if there was a lower cost/reliable solution. I can store files locally on my own server but the link is not masked and the file is not secure. Or i can store files @ e-junkie but i have to go thru the upload process. Not a huge deal but since im asking for info i thought i would include this in case there is an easier way.

Thanks

#2 spiral

spiral

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:design, css, icon design

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:38 AM

I also use e-junkie, and am super happy with it. I considered using a self hosted system called linklok, which does more or less the same thing as e-junkie, but in the end I decided it was better to pay for the service than to tear my hair out figuring paypals API :)

Hello gang! I have a question for those of you who are selling digital goods. Logo's website templates graphics mp3's etc.

What service are you using and why? I am currently using E-junkie and Paypal Pro and its costing $48.00 per month. The service is fine but i wanted to know if there was a lower cost/reliable solution. I can store files locally on my own server but the link is not masked and the file is not secure. Or i can store files @ e-junkie but i have to go thru the upload process. Not a huge deal but since im asking for info i thought i would include this in case there is an easier way.

Thanks

#3 39CentStamp

39CentStamp

Fireworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:User Interface Design And
    Custom Installation Of Consumer Electronics

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

I also use e-junkie, and am super happy with it. I considered using a self hosted system called linklok, which does more or less the same thing as e-junkie, but in the end I decided it was better to pay for the service than to tear my hair out figuring paypals API :)

Thanks for your response. e-junkie works very well so i'm going to stick with it. I think i just needed to hear that i was making a good choice. Sales and custom work is starting to pick up so hopefully this time next year it wont be an issue :)

Your icon's are very nice. I recently started an icon set using fireworks. This is the first time i have made icons. I hope my skills match yours one day :)

#4 kingmaker

kingmaker

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:49 AM

Why dont you try dropbox.. Thats a pretty awesome service and the best part is its free.. Its very easy to upload stuff and the method is very easy then the e-junkie..