4 replies to this topic

#1 tee

tee

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

hi i've created several png images for my website but the files are quite big 300kb - 700kb. i wanted to compress the files and i came across this program called pngcrush. i downloaded the zip file but theres no exe. file or any file to teach you how to install and use it. can anyone help me on this? or is there a better solution to compressing png files? thanks you very much.

#2 blue2x

blue2x

FireworksMaster

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:Adobe Fireworks , Business , Investing , Art , Technology

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

hi i've created several png images for my website but the files are quite big 300kb - 700kb. i wanted to compress the files and i came across this program called pngcrush. i downloaded the zip file but theres no exe. file or any file to teach you how to install and use it. can anyone help me on this? or is there a better solution to compressing png files? thanks you very much.

You probably downloaded an incomplete zip file, try to redownload it again or download png crush from another website. If you want to compress png images, check this article >

http://www.raymond.c...oosing-quality/

#3 tee

tee

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:26 AM

ok thanks. or will it be much easier if i use smush it from yahoo instead? cause i tried searching for guides to teach people how to use pngcrush and i cant seem to find it.

#4 jeffreyjones89

jeffreyjones89

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

ok thanks. or will it be much easier if i use smush it from yahoo instead? cause i tried searching for guides to teach people how to use pngcrush and i cant seem to find it.

I wish they would make a tutorial for this! It would make things easier for us.

#5 senseileroyjenkins

senseileroyjenkins

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

I pretty sure theres one out there all ready.