3 replies to this topic

#1 Pakua

Pakua

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

Is an extension available that will allow creation of CSS for an html control that will repeat (template list) from an array. In C# I know that its called a repeater control. I only need to create the base design and export the CSS for this control.

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

Is an extension available that will allow creation of CSS for an html control that will repeat (template list) from an array. In C# I know that its called a repeater control. I only need to create the base design and export the CSS for this control.

I have not seen such an extension, but it seems like it might be possible to create one.

Couldn't this be done more easily in an HTML/CSS tool, though?

Dave

#3 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Sounds like a good idea for an extension. ;) I'd suspect the way it would work is you choose the XML/array, then the object you want to bind the data too in the fw document. It would probably need to be a Flash (swf) dialog so you could use ActionScript to help control how the array is rendered in the document. Just thinking outloud...too bad its not a native option.

#4 Pakua

Pakua

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for your responses. I was hoping to generate most of my CSS for my current site using fireworks. Looks like I will have to resort to manually doing anything i can't get done in fireworks.