Photo

how to crop out triangle shapes from an image.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tee

tee

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

hi. i've tried several ways to cut out right angled triangle shapes from an image but i cant seem to do it. can anyone please enlighten me on this? thank you very much.

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

hi. i've tried several ways to cut out right angled triangle shapes from an image but i cant seem to do it. can anyone please enlighten me on this? thank you very much.

I assume that you want to cut out triangular shaped pieces from a bitmap image... Here are some suggestions:

1. Draw the triangle you want to cut out using the Pen Tool (or the Polygon Tool).

2. Place the triangle over the portion of the image you want to cut out.

3. If you just want to create a hole in the original image (and not actually end up with a triangle shaped piece of the image), then select the triangle and change it's Blend Mode to "Erase" in the Property Inspector. (Blend modes are in the drop-down selector to the right of the object Opacity selector - the default mode is Normal.)

4. If you want to get triangular pieces of the original image, then select the triangle and go to Modify > Convert Path to Marquee. You will be given the option to choose between Hard, Anti-Alias, or Feathered edge - Anti-Alias will probably produce the best results for simple triangles.

5. Move your cursor inside the triangular shape, and if you want a triangular shaped copy press CTRL+C, if you want to cut out a triangular shaped piece then press CTRL+X.

6. Press the ESC key to exit bitmap mode, then press CTRL+V to paste the copy or the cut piece of the image.

(NOTE: I always have difficulty performing successive cut/copy actions when using marquees - FW seems to get stuck somehow and subsequent cut/copy requests get ignored unless I do some other drawing action between cut/copy with a marquee actions. If someone knows what I'm doing wrong or how to get cut/copy from marquee selections to work for successive actions, /please/ let me know. Thanks!)

Dave

#3 tee

tee

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

Ok thank you very very much. you are a life saver. =).

#4 inzam

inzam

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

if you want crop any image, than i will suggest you to visit the link below
http://www.raiseitsolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2
if you visit this link, you will know how to crop an image easily
thank you very much. :)