39CentStamp

Fireworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:User Interface Design And
    Custom Installation Of Consumer Electronics

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Does anyone have information or advice about buying and reselling graphics? Icons in particular. I need a set of 20 icons that i can package with something i plan to sell over and over. Obviously i could make them myself but..:)

If i were to purchase an icon set from a place like graphics river am i typically only allowed to use it (print, web etc) but not repackage it and resell it? Like with a website template package?

Thanks.

#2 spiral

spiral

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:design, css, icon design

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

I do believe you need a special licence that costs more to be able to resell graphics from graphicsriver and other places like istockphoto.

What kind of icons are you looking for? There are several free/creative commons/open source libraries that you could use, like the Tango icons or silk icon set.

#3 39CentStamp

39CentStamp

Fireworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:User Interface Design And
    Custom Installation Of Consumer Electronics

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

I do believe you need a special licence that costs more to be able to resell graphics from graphicsriver and other places like istockphoto.

What kind of icons are you looking for? There are several free/creative commons/open source libraries that you could use, like the Tango icons or silk icon set.

Thanks for the response. I need audio video related icons. Speaker, headphones, TV, music notes etc. My issue is time. I will be working out of town over the next 8 weeks and at night i have to build documentation and the user interface. The icons are for a personal/side project that i was hoping to complete in the next couple of weeks. One way to make that happen would be to just buy icons from someone else.

#4 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

When you said sell over and over, my immediate response is I'd go ahead and hire a designer or buy a license of icons if I were you. :) I've always enjoyed dryicons.com, check them out..

#5 jeffreyjones89

jeffreyjones89

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:05 AM

When you said sell over and over, my immediate response is I'd go ahead and hire a designer or buy a license of icons if I were you. :) I've always enjoyed dryicons.com, check them out..

I love using dryicons. They have been the easiest to use.

------------------

security systems

#6 senseileroyjenkins

senseileroyjenkins

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

Yeah it doesn't sound like a good idea to buy a virtual item and then resell it. I sure you would upset someone that way.

#7 John Van Birch

John Van Birch

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

I will be operating out of town above the next 8 weeks and at night i've to build documentation and also the user interface. The icons are for any personal/side project that i was hoping to full within the following couple of weeks. 1 solution to make that take place would be to just buy icons from someone else.