#1 dubstar

dubstar

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

Greetings Fireworksguru,

Just recently joined the forum, and am excited to get started learning to use fireworks. I have to create a clickable wireframe prototype for a client and I've read that Fireworks is an amazing program to to do this.

I'm relatively new to the design programs, so was hoping there might be a site or someone who might have some already create wireframe symbols (forms, drop downs, nav, etc) that I could access. I would rather focus my time on putting together the wireframe and working out the usability rather than painstakingly crafting each individual element.

Any suggestions, recommendations would be greatly welcomed and HUGELY appreciated!

THANK!

Dub

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

Greetings Fireworksguru,

Just recently joined the forum, and am excited to get started learning to use fireworks. I have to create a clickable wireframe prototype for a client and I've read that Fireworks is an amazing program to to do this.

I'm relatively new to the design programs, so was hoping there might be a site or someone who might have some already create wireframe symbols (forms, drop downs, nav, etc) that I could access. I would rather focus my time on putting together the wireframe and working out the usability rather than painstakingly crafting each individual element.

Any suggestions, recommendations would be greatly welcomed and HUGELY appreciated!

THANK!

Dub

Fireworks ships with ready-made symbols for the common UI components already - look in the Common Library (in the Win, Mac, or HTML folders) and the Shapes Panel (there is a navigation tab shape there.)

#3 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

Welcome Dubstar! I agree with Dave as there is lots of good symbols to use in CS4.

#4 spiral

spiral

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:design, css, icon design

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:31 PM

I've recently used balsamiq mockups for wireframing, and wish fw had as many symbols as they do. They have an easy way of adding menus, tabs, tables, even things like tag clouds. If I ever have some free time, I might try making some of the simpler elements myself.

#5 hamo

hamo

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:GRAPHICS

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/about/stencils/fireworks.html

try here

#6 sherryflood

sherryflood

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

http://developer.yah.../fireworks.html

try here

This is a great link! I was able to make some great icons with it.

------------------

design magazines