6 replies to this topic

#1 utopia

utopia

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

hi...this is utopia again...i decided to upgrade and created my sideshow in fireworks cs4 so the problems i was having before i am no longer having. and, i have FINALLY managed to create the slidehow...wooohooo and it works in my brower. now my problem is that i don't know how to move the slideshow into dreamweaver in the area i designated it for called media.htlm. i am extememly new at this and tryng to learn as i go. when i tried to move the things created on my desktop to dreamweaver - index.html, slideshow.xml, player_black.swf and scripts (which has the into jscript file inside), nothing happens when i try to view it in my browser - bascially, none of the photos i was previously able to view when it was on my desktop appear. but, when i moved everything back to the desktop, it worked again. can you please help me step by step - i would deeply appreciate it. thank you so very much for your time...~ utopia ~

#2 DaveH

DaveH

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

hi...this is utopia again...i decided to upgrade and created my sideshow in fireworks cs4 so the problems i was having before i am no longer having. and, i have FINALLY managed to create the slidehow...wooohooo and it works in my brower. now my problem is that i don't know how to move the slideshow into dreamweaver in the area i designated it for called media.htlm. i am extememly new at this and tryng to learn as i go. when i tried to move the things created on my desktop to dreamweaver - index.html, slideshow.xml, player_black.swf and scripts (which has the into jscript file inside), nothing happens when i try to view it in my browser - bascially, none of the photos i was previously able to view when it was on my desktop appear. but, when i moved everything back to the desktop, it worked again. can you please help me step by step - i would deeply appreciate it. thank you so very much for your time...~ utopia ~

When you created the slideshow and exported it into a folder somewhere on your desktop, the XML file includes a path parameter that tells the slideshow SWF where to find the images. If you move the SWF and the images into a different folder, the slideshow breaks because the XML file no longer points to the correct folder location of the images. You can either of two things:

(1) create the folder that will contain all of your images and the slideshow files in the location where you want it to go with all of your web page files, then export the slideshow from FW into that folder, or

(2) move the entire folder that already contains the slideshow SWF, images, XML, and other support files into the folder that contains your web pages then point the web page to the SWF.

Remember, the slideshow records the name of the folder it was exported into, so you either need to keep everything together in the original export folder without renaming it, or if you do move or rename things then you need to edit the XML file.

To get a Fireworks Flash-based slideshow embedded into your web page, open Dreamweaver, place your cursor where you want the slideshow to appear, then go to the Insert toolbar or panel and select Insert > Media >Flash then point Dreamweaver to the SWF file that Fireworks exported (you do not need the HTML file Fireworks exported if you plan to embed the slideshow into your own web page, so you can safely delete that HTML file.)

Dreamweaver will automatically add all of the code necessary to embed the SWF object, and it will probably tell you that there are more current files available to enable the content, so accept the offer and have it use the latest files. Once the SWF object is embedded in your page, it should work normally.

Hope this helps,

Dave

#3 utopia

utopia

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

so sorry for the late response but i've been away but i want to thank you so much for your help dave. in addition, i think fireworksguru is a fantastic forum and a graphic lifesaver...i will do as you said and i am confident that it will all work out...thanks again... ~ utopia ~

#4 houdi

houdi

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

When you created the slideshow and exported it into a folder somewhere on your desktop, the XML file includes a path parameter that tells the slideshow SWF where to find the images. If you move the SWF and the images into a different folder, the slideshow breaks because the XML file no longer points to the correct folder location of the images. You can either of two things:

(1) create the folder that will contain all of your images and the slideshow files in the location where you want it to go with all of your web page files, then export the slideshow from FW into that folder, or

(2) move the entire folder that already contains the slideshow SWF, images, XML, and other support files into the folder that contains your web pages then point the web page to the SWF.

Remember, the slideshow records the name of the folder it was exported into, so you either need to keep everything together in the original export folder without renaming it, or if you do move or rename things then you need to edit the XML file.

To get a Fireworks Flash-based slideshow embedded into your web page, open Dreamweaver, place your cursor where you want the slideshow to appear, then go to the Insert toolbar or panel and select Insert > Media >Flash then point Dreamweaver to the SWF file that Fireworks exported (you do not need the HTML file Fireworks exported if you plan to embed the slideshow into your own web page, so you can safely delete that HTML file.)

Dreamweaver will automatically add all of the code necessary to embed the SWF object, and it will probably tell you that there are more current files available to enable the content, so accept the offer and have it use the latest files. Once the SWF object is embedded in your page, it should work normally.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Hi there - I have no hair left after the last 6 hours !! Followed the above advice to the letter as far as I can tell yet my flash gallery on the site is photoless. No info or photos show up on it. I know its something simple that Im doing wrong but just cant see what the hell I need to do. Can you make it even simpler ??

Everything was exported from Fireworks to a folder in my local site then placed in page and all uploaded / synched to remote site !!

http://www.ceol-mor.co.uk/gallery.html

Regards

Al

#5 umanats

umanats

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

How did you solve it? Your help is much appreciated.

#6 Primeman

Primeman

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

I am having the same problem, all files are in the same folder, have inserted SWF into dreamweaver, can see black player but none of my pics show. How do i fix this?

#7 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hi there - I have no hair left after the last 6 hours !! Followed the above advice to the letter as far as I can tell yet my flash gallery on the site is photoless. No info or photos show up on it. I know its something simple that Im doing wrong but just cant see what the hell I need to do. Can you make it even simpler ??

Everything was exported from Fireworks to a folder in my local site then placed in page and all uploaded / synched to remote site !!

http://www.ceol-mor.co.uk/gallery.html

Regards

Al

Is your server case sensitive? That could throw it for a loop or a path problem.