4 replies to this topic

#1 Markus_schmarkus

Markus_schmarkus

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

I think it would be very helpful if you could copy/drag a layer to another page. Where it would become an independent part of that page, and not a shared layer.

#2 tracyull

tracyull

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

I think it would be very helpful if you could copy/drag a layer to another page. Where it would become an independent part of that page, and not a shared layer.

I agree with that! That would save a whole lot of problems!

#3 curtj

curtj

FireworksFreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Allsorts =]

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

I also agree.

A workaround for this (in CS5) is:

Select the layer you want copied (or moved) elsewhere
Share layer to pages...
Select the page(s) to copy the layer to
For all the instances of the shared layer, in the layers palette select 'detach shared layer'

If your intention was to move the layer, not copy it - just delete the layer from where it was copied.

#4 John laPlante

John laPlante

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

I wrote a command to copy a layer to a page. The command prompts you to enter a page number. A friend says he doesn't like the latter requirement and would like the command to simply create a new Page and paste the layer in. At any rate, if you want a copy of this command, let me know and I can mail it to you. jelaplan at yahoo.com

#5 curtj

curtj

FireworksFreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Allsorts =]

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

I wrote a command to copy a layer to a page. The command prompts you to enter a page number. A friend says he doesn't like the latter requirement and would like the command to simply create a new Page and paste the layer in. At any rate, if you want a copy of this command, let me know and I can mail it to you. jelaplan at yahoo.com

Hi John - I'll definitely give it a go. I've sent you an email - thanks!