4 replies to this topic

#1 Zoe20

Zoe20

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

When i opened some of the pngs at the gallery its keep on saying that a live efect called " Edges" is missing .Any thing wrong with my FW version or i haev to install a 3rd party plug in?

Posted Image

#2 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

hey that plug in is used to be in version 8 of Fireworks. U can get it with Alian skin splat or some thing am not sure .ill check it out and post it later tonight.

#3 blue2x

blue2x

FireworksMaster

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Interests:Adobe Fireworks , Business , Investing , Art , Technology

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

When i opened some of the pngs at the gallery its keep on saying that a live efect called " Edges" is missing .Any thing wrong with my FW version or i haev to install a 3rd party plug in?

Posted Image

in fwcs3 , they discontinued supporting the alien skin plugins , so you need to purchase the filters in order to use them

#4 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

Blue is it splat?

#5 SiamJai

SiamJai

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

You are right, Raja, it is from Splat. Sadly, it is no longer available - not only for Fireworks, but also in general. The AS folks don't sell it anymore.

I don't like how filters show up in the Live Filters list even on machines where those plugins are not installed. It has lead to confusion quite a few times in the past, so now when it comes to public pngs, I just flatten all elements that have external filters applied. Not an ideal solution, but at least it keeps the confusion at minimum.

What do you guys do when you send out source files that have external plugin effects applied?