#1 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

QuickFire can be downloaded from here: http://johndunning.c...about/QuickFire

A short screencast there shows how it works.

Posted Image

QuickFire is essentially Quicksilver for Fireworks. While it's easy to add a keyboard shortcut for your most-used commands, accessing the others still requires clicking through the Commands menu. QuickFire makes accessing these commands much easier: just launch QuickFire (with a keyboard shortcut, of course), start typing part of the command's name, then hit enter to run the matched command. Quick 'n' easy.

Besides items in the Commands menu, QuickFire also lets you quickly access:

• Command panels: typing a panel name like "Pages" will open that panel and bring it to the front if it's in a group.

• Symbols: any symbol files installed in the Common Library folder will be available for insertion. Typing the name of a symbol like "HScrollBar" and pressing enter is equivalent to dragging that symbol into your document from the Common Library. Since some symbol names are repeated in multiple folders (e.g., Mac and WinXP), the name of the folder in which the symbol is stored follows the symbol's name. (Note that once you've added a symbol to a document, you can't add a different symbol with the same name from a different folder. There's no way for QuickFire to tell the difference, unfortunately.)

• Auto shapes: auto shapes that are available in the Shapes panel (like "Ruler") and those in the Toolbox (like "Rounded Rectangle") can be inserted into the middle of the document by typing their name.

• Built-in menu commands: parts of the Modify, Text and Filters menus are available in the command list. For example, the Text > Align > Right menu command is available as "Text Align Right", so typing "tar" will match that command.
Hope you find it useful!

#2 kelton

kelton

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:web design, logo design, user interface design

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

THANK U!!! this is a wonderful plug in man.. thanks thanks and thanks again.. it makes working so much faster. FW is indeed a great software, the power of its extensions are unbelievable. I most def recommend this!!

did i say thanks?

#3 raja

raja

FireMonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

wow nice one

#4 jdunning

jdunning

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:27 AM

did i say thanks?

Yes. :lol: You're welcome. Glad to hear it's working for you.

#5 spiral

spiral

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:design, css, icon design

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

ooooooh, this is a great one!
I'm already spoiled by launchy (my quicksilver-like app of choice), and hate browsing through and rearranging my commands menus to find out what i need (was "add to group" under the "object" menu? "selection"?)

I see this being a productivity boost! thanks!

#6 kelton

kelton

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:web design, logo design, user interface design

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

hey spiral,

i jus got launchy.. very nice app as well.

thanks for sharing