Mikko

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Bacon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

Hi ppl,

As you might have noticed, Kuvio Overkill styles set 1 was published and released via Fireworkszone. This crazy abstract stylepack is first part of Overkill set and and second pack will released in couple weeks. Third and final part will be released in late december. Each styles set will contain 8 different styles and full Overkill set will contain 24 excellent styles. After Overkill set Kuvio will start releasing other different styles, but lets focus ones right now :)

This thread is decidated for Overkill set, so feel free to shoot your questions and feedback here.

Here is the Overkill part 1 as PNG:
kuvio_overkill_part1of3.png

#2 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:08 AM

Wow! These are well done. For a minute I started to think about cool weapon charges or something. I think showing/demoing your styles on sharp objects or text would be helpful too to see the padding/spreading of the effects. Good job! Here's my little test:

styles_alan_tests.png

#3 Mikko

Mikko

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Bacon

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:03 AM

Thanks for the comments. The examples are looking good. nice too see variations of
OK styles. Crazy to think that each one of those examples are made by using a single layer,
created with a single click. No external plugins, just creative use of Fireworks build-in-capabilities B)

The styles are created in abstract artwork in mind, so using them in text-objects
might not give that flashing results. There are some hidden gems in the filter-list,
i couldnt decide which effect would be the final solution so i included both.

#4 Kauyamari

Kauyamari

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Wow! These are well done. For a minute I started to think about cool weapon charges or something. I think showing/demoing your styles on sharp objects or text would be helpful too to see the padding/spreading of the effects. Good job! Here's my little test:

styles_alan_tests.png

Nice styles. Do you have a link that I can download? I do not have any other way to do them. BTW I have loads od styles for photoshop (ASL) is there a way to convert them touse them in fireworks?