#1 lunar_nick

lunar_nick

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

Hey all,

I have a graphic that was made in Photoshop and imported into Fireworks (I didn't create the original, but I think this is how it went). There are some Photoshop Live Effects applied to various parts of the graphic...

inner glow
gradient overlay
stroke

When the entire graphic is exported as a PNG24 with transparent background and then placed into illustrator, there are white blocks within the bounding box of the fireworks elements that had the Photoshop Live Effects, and transparency is replaced by black. If I change the background to white, the white and black areas disappear and the graphic is fine. They look good over regular solid/fills that are under it.

Picture attached. White area is the bounding box of the photoshop Live Effect of the light green area.

thanks,

Nick

example.png

#2 SiamJai

SiamJai

Fireworks Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

When the entire graphic is exported as a PNG24 with transparent background

Is it exported from Fireworks? If so, PNG24 in Fireworks doesn't support transparency. Try PNG8 or PNG32 instead.

I'd help you with the rest, but I'm not familiar with Photoshop Live Effects...

#3 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

That should be the ticket. Id use PNG32 Nick, is there a reason you needed PNG24? Just curious and hope this helps solve your problem. Please let us know!

#4 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

That should be the ticket. Id use PNG32 Nick, is there a reason you needed PNG24? Just curious and hope this helps solve your problem. Please let us know!