#1 Gavski

Gavski

FireMonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hi everyone,

Found a tutorial on making an iphone in Photoshop at Adobe Tutorialz.

Seeing as it was aimed at Photoshop users and some of the functionality / interface etc is obviously different for us Fireworkers, i thought I'd knock up a quick version in Fireworks to see how easily something similar it could be achieved.

This is my version, .png included for your use / improvement (I'm sure with a bit more time this can be improved upon) and hope it is of use for someone. Image is currently grouped.

phone.png

#2 blue2x

blue2x

FireworksMaster

• FwGurus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:Adobe Fireworks , Business , Investing , Art , Technology

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

this one is very neat , nice job

#3 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

Wow that tutorial is almost 18 pages which equate to over a hundred steps. Thats insane if you ask me. How many steps did it take for you to make that version? You could also mimic the same Ps effects using CS3 or above using the Ps Live Effects in fireworks. I personally think the bevel looks too crips on their version. Makes it look like not a shiny highlight, but another bevel on top of the bevel around the phone. I think that can be cleaned up more.

Ps version:
87.jpg

#4 Gavski

Gavski

FireMonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

Blue - cheers not bad for starters, although the ps dude probably deserves a congratulatory slap on the inspiration :)

Alan - Yes, it was a pretty long tutorial and I skipped some steps, particularly with regard to some of the screen highlighting as some of the detail was maybe a bit unneccessary and over complicated at times, so it was certainly done in fewer steps than the original. However, i bet the originator of the tutorial would probably use a quicker method with hindsight! If I was to do it again, I'd probably do things like the bevel (perhaps not use factory filters to get the bevel effect but draw these out myself) and the button a different way to make it look a bit better.

I agree with what you're saying about the bevel and the appearance of an extra bevelled edge on the ps version Think my version could do with a rework too and when I've got time I'll give it a another shot.

Wow that tutorial is almost 18 pages which equate to over a hundred steps. Thats insane if you ask me. How many steps did it take for you to make that version? You could also mimic the same Ps effects using CS3 or above using the Ps Live Effects in fireworks. I personally think the bevel looks too crips on their version. Makes it look like not a shiny highlight, but another bevel on top of the bevel around the phone. I think that can be cleaned up more.

Ps version:
87.jpg

#5 Gavski

Gavski

FireMonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Blue - that's a congratulatory slap on the back for the ps dude for the inspiration, not just a slap, that wouldn't be very nice ! ;) :lol:

Blue - cheers not bad for starters, although the ps dude probably deserves a congratulatory slap on the inspiration :)

Alan - Yes, it was a pretty long tutorial and I skipped some steps, particularly with regard to some of the screen highlighting as some of the detail was maybe a bit unneccessary and over complicated at times, so it was certainly done in fewer steps than the original. However, i bet the originator of the tutorial would probably use a quicker method with hindsight! If I was to do it again, I'd probably do things like the bevel (perhaps not use factory filters to get the bevel effect but draw these out myself) and the button a different way to make it look a bit better.

I agree with what you're saying about the bevel and the appearance of an extra bevelled edge on the ps version Think my version could do with a rework too and when I've got time I'll give it a another shot.

#6 rjsmith2007

rjsmith2007

FireworksNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

Might have to take a stab at the iPhone. If I can't have a real one, at least I can have a fake one. :)