#1 Paul

Paul

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hello All. I am new to this forum.

How do I insert a Fireworks slideshow into Dreamweaver? It's very disappointing that it's not clear in the Fireworks manual (or I just missed it). Dreamweaver is an Adobe product and it seems logical that once one makes a slideshow one would want to use it outside of Fireworks for some purpose. I simply want the slideshow on the home page of the website I've created: www.southerncharmgifts.net.

The slideshow is already created. It generated a folder with the following files in it:

index.html document
slideshow xml document
player_white swf
a "scripts" folder containing a AC_RunActiveContent javascript file
a folder I called "scslideshow" containing all the slideshow images (jpgs)

If I click on the html document it runs the slideshow in a browser, but it's not what I'd want on the website because it has the thumbnail images to the left showing the slideshow cycle.

Anyway, I need to know how to insert this into DW and where to put the files on the server. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. :)

#2 Paul

Paul

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hello All. I am new to this forum.

How do I insert a Fireworks slideshow into Dreamweaver? It's very disappointing that it's not clear in the Fireworks manual (or I just missed it). Dreamweaver is an Adobe product and it seems logical that once one makes a slideshow one would want to use it outside of Fireworks for some purpose. I simply want the slideshow on the home page of the website I've created: www.southerncharmgifts.net.

The slideshow is already created. It generated a folder with the following files in it:

index.html document
slideshow xml document
player_white swf
a "scripts" folder containing a AC_RunActiveContent javascript file
a folder I called "scslideshow" containing all the slideshow images (jpgs)

If I click on the html document it runs the slideshow in a browser, but it's not what I'd want on the website because it has the thumbnail images to the left showing the slideshow cycle.

Anyway, I need to know how to insert this into DW and where to put the files on the server. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. :)

Ok, it appears that I found a page that will help me: http://www.fireworks...?showtopic=7848

The instructions there are excellent, but I still have some questions.

1. My slideshow contains a section for thumbnails, etc. I just want the flash slideshow content. I'm using the white background. If you click here you can see the page: http://www.southernc.../samplepage.jpg

I don't want the "Album Book," "Images in Album," or "Image Viewer," to show up on my website. I just want the images in the slideshow itself (in this example the Fugatti Purses). Follow?

2. Where do I put the images on my server so the slideshow can see them? What folder? I didn't see the code pointing to any pictures and they didn't show up when I put the code in Dreamweaver. Do they and the other files go in the same place as my index.html document?

Thanks.

#3 Jamie

Jamie

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

Ok, it appears that I found a page that will help me: http://www.fireworks...?showtopic=7848

The instructions there are excellent, but I still have some questions.

1. My slideshow contains a section for thumbnails, etc. I just want the flash slideshow content. I'm using the white background. If you click here you can see the page: http://www.southernc.../samplepage.jpg

I don't want the "Album Book," "Images in Album," or "Image Viewer," to show up on my website. I just want the images in the slideshow itself (in this example the Fugatti Purses). Follow?

2. Where do I put the images on my server so the slideshow can see them? What folder? I didn't see the code pointing to any pictures and they didn't show up when I put the code in Dreamweaver. Do they and the other files go in the same place as my index.html document?

Thanks.

Paul: I came across this and it's exactly what I'm trying to do but the first link you provided is broken. Do you still have it somewhere? Thanks.

#4 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Hi paul -

Sounds like you got everything working and you want to customize the player? You can download the Flash source files for the players that the Create Slideshow Command uses here: http://download.macr...how_players.zip

When you export you'll see a slideshow.xml file. In this XML file is a list of images exported with the path defined. Make sure you keep the same structure or be prepared to modify the XML file to point the images to the right location.

Jamie - What's happening with you? Everything cool? Welcome to Fwguru! :)

#5 teachmcpcs

teachmcpcs

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:02 AM

Hi paul -

Sounds like you got everything working and you want to customize the player? You can download the Flash source files for the players that the Create Slideshow Command uses here: http://download.macr...how_players.zip

When you export you'll see a slideshow.xml file. In this XML file is a list of images exported with the path defined. Make sure you keep the same structure or be prepared to modify the XML file to point the images to the right location.

Sory, I am new at this but how can I customize it? I was using the dream word green template for the slideshow and I wanted to change the green to white or not use a background at all. I would prefer just to have the flash part. How can I do that? How can I seperate the flash from the html? When I try to insert into the DW template I am using, it comes up blank if I just import the swf file. Thanks for your help! ;)
Kimmie

#6 marrydavidson

marrydavidson

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:00 AM

i am also new in this forum but i found this forum very informative. you guys really managing a good job. Good Luck

#7 stcrajac

stcrajac

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi paul -

i have a big problem, im using fireworks, and i made a slideshow using a crate slideshow command, slideshow contains 11 albums, its for a site, now i just wanna modify the slideshow, i used black player and i just wanna change the text so it will be in my language, i've downloaded the pack that contains the fla file, but i cant insert the swf file that i modified in that pack to my dreamweaver website, it shows no content :S:..and i tried the other way, i tried this link : http://help.adobe.co...show_sh_11.html but it doesnt have steps and i get mixed up where to put the swf file, where to put html file, where to put the xml file etc. Do you get it?.. I want fireworks to use my player for slideshow command. And my player is in fact the black player from the pack you linked in the forum. i just changed the language in text. If u can help me in either way i would gladly appreciate it...If you could only type me the steps for the second way.. like 1.make flash file, 2. export swf, 3. make xml , 4.put xml in.... etc. if you cant..thanx anyway..i just want to customize it a bit and i dont know how to make it work then...ill make it short now... 2 ways: customize the pack u linked and insert the swf in my slideshow, and inserting that pack in fireworks/commands/slideshow to make fireworks read the player and use it for slideshow!!!!!! tnx anyway! bye :)