• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 norrisphotography

norrisphotography

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography, my website, MOTORBIKES! My partner and friends ... Art, music and cycling, biking and running / walking

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

I really need help, as I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to work this out ... and am out of ideas.

I have created a slideshow in Fireworks, and its fine ... not a problem ... How the hell do I now get this into a frame in Dreamweaver? Is it possible? Surely it is ... From what I understand you need to export it as an HTML file ... but ... ummm ... theres another question!

If anyone could help me ... I would be seriously appreciative.

Thank you,

Newbie Norris

#2 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding, art and video games

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

I really need help, as I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to work this out ... and am out of ideas.

I have created a slideshow in Fireworks, and its fine ... not a problem ... How the hell do I now get this into a frame in Dreamweaver? Is it possible? Surely it is ... From what I understand you need to export it as an HTML file ... but ... ummm ... theres another question!

If anyone could help me ... I would be seriously appreciative.

Thank you,

Newbie Norris

In Dreamweaver you need to create a Frameset. Do you have a frameset already created? Do you know how to create one? Welcome to Fwguru, we'll help you out! :)

#3 norrisphotography

norrisphotography

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography, my website, MOTORBIKES! My partner and friends ... Art, music and cycling, biking and running / walking

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:33 AM

In Dreamweaver you need to create a Frameset. Do you have a frameset already created? Do you know how to create one? Welcome to Fwguru, we'll help you out! :)

Yes ... I think so ... im attempting to learn the software as i go along! Thank you for your help ... I have created the page, with 3 frames in it ... and want the slideshow in the biggest frame. The other frames are my header, with my logo and the navgation bar in, and the other frame has the news page in it ... which reoccurs on each page ... if that makes sense?

I also have a problem with my links ... but is that something you can help with Alan? Im using hotspots ... but when i press F12 and play with it in the internet browser, if i click on alink, it simply makes the frame bar get bigger ... ??? But if i right click on the link and open in a new window, it works ... ?! Sorry abotu all the questions ... Im so easily confused ... and dont have all the time in the world to spend on it, as the new season starts soon, and need my site up and running by then!

Thank you so much fo your help Alan, I SERIOUSLY appreciate it!

Thank you,
Norris

#4 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hey no worries norris. Hope this is helpful for ya. :)

I think what you are trying to do is click a link/hotspot in one frame and load a page in another frame? If the frame with the link in it is getting larger, then you need to make sure you call the correct "target".

For example, the target below is called "mainframe", this would be the target name of your "big frame" you want the page to load in.

<a href="mysite.com" target="mainframe">link</a>

In the HTML page that creates the frameset you'll see similar code like this and where we name the frames which will be our targets for loading pages into specific frames:

<frameset cols="80,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="UntitledFrame-2" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="leftFrame" />
<frame src="Untitled-1.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
</frameset>

I havent used Framesets since way back in the day, mid 90s nor have I ran into a project that required me to work with Frames. Since you mentioned you are learning as you go I thought Id mention that. You can achieve the same effect using CSS. Hopefully this doesnt pop your bubble, but I think leading you on the right track now than later is the best option. :)

Check this out:
http://www.mattheere...-are-frames-bad

Here's a video that will help you understand even more:
http://www.clearlyad.../css-frames.htm

#5 norrisphotography

norrisphotography

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

Thank you Alan ... well I think I still want to use Dreamweaver ... so Can i design the Main background image in Photoshop the load that into Dreamweaver, to appear as if t has little sections (I know what I mean!) then just write the text on the top?

Also ... I will still be stuck as to how to get my slideshow from Fireworks into the website ... Any ideas for this? Do I have to export it as an html file? Again ... how do i do this? Thank you, and sorry! Ha ha ha

Norris

#6 Paul

Paul

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hello All. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I'm posting in this created thread because I have the same exact need. How do I insert a Fireworks slideshow into Dreamweaver? It's very disappointing that it's not clear in the Fireworks manual (or I just missed it). Dreamweaver is an Adobe product and it seems logical that once one makes a slideshow one would want to use it outside of Fireworks for some purpose. I simply want the slideshow on the home page of the website I've created: www.southerncharmgifts.net.

The slideshow is already created. It generated a folder with the following files in it:

index.html document
slideshow xml document
player_white swf
a "scripts" folder containing a AC_RunActiveContent javascript file
a folder I called "scslideshow" containing all the slideshow images (jpgs)

If I click on the html document it runs the slideshow in a browser, but it's not what I'd want on the website because it has the thumbnail images to the left showing the slideshow cycle.

Anyway, I need to know how to insert this into DW and where to put the files on the server. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. :)

#7 Interskill

Interskill

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

Hello All. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I'm posting in this created thread because I have the same exact need. How do I insert a Fireworks slideshow into Dreamweaver? It's very disappointing that it's not clear in the Fireworks manual (or I just missed it). Dreamweaver is an Adobe product and it seems logical that once one makes a slideshow one would want to use it outside of Fireworks for some purpose. I simply want the slideshow on the home page of the website I've created: www.southerncharmgifts.net.

The slideshow is already created. It generated a folder with the following files in it:

index.html document
slideshow xml document
player_white swf
a "scripts" folder containing a AC_RunActiveContent javascript file
a folder I called "scslideshow" containing all the slideshow images (jpgs)

If I click on the html document it runs the slideshow in a browser, but it's not what I'd want on the website because it has the thumbnail images to the left showing the slideshow cycle.

Anyway, I need to know how to insert this into DW and where to put the files on the server. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. :)

#8 Interskill

Interskill

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

Hello Paul
The question you asked is easy once you know how dreamweaver operates !!!!
I asume that the all the files fireworks produced are altogether in 1 folder lets call this 'picture_folder'

Now try this:- Make a HTML page with your usual headers and footers and frames then place the cursur in the frame you want the player to appear,(it will be in the <body> section) go to INSERT then MEDIA then FLASH go into the folder in which your flash player is situated (in this case pictur_folder) and click on the player_black (if thats the player your using) the player then appears in the frame Thats all there is to it !!

If you want to get realy adventurous you can use the same player in different locations throughout your web, but this will require some simple re-coding of the XML file.. take a look at my site www.canariesdiving.com and you wil find a small player on the front and the main one in Archives and another in Photographs all using one picture file..

Let me know how you get on

Nig

#9 John_MD

John_MD

Fireworks Sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hello Paul
The question you asked is easy once you know how dreamweaver operates !!!!
I asume that the all the files fireworks produced are altogether in 1 folder lets call this 'picture_folder'

Now try this:- Make a HTML page with your usual headers and footers and frames then place the cursur in the frame you want the player to appear,(it will be in the <body> section) go to INSERT then MEDIA then FLASH go into the folder in which your flash player is situated (in this case pictur_folder) and click on the player_black (if thats the player your using) the player then appears in the frame Thats all there is to it !!

If you want to get realy adventurous you can use the same player in different locations throughout your web, but this will require some simple re-coding of the XML file.. take a look at my site www.canariesdiving.com and you wil find a small player on the front and the main one in Archives and another in Photographs all using one picture file..

Let me know how you get on

Nig

Nig,

I'm having problems loading a second slideshow to my website. The first one loads fine but I can't get the second one working. I tried changing the name of the second slideshow.xml and it doesn't work. Can you help PLeeeessseee.

#10 Alan

Alan

FireworksGuru

• Root Admin
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

Nig,

I'm having problems loading a second slideshow to my website. The first one loads fine but I can't get the second one working. I tried changing the name of the second slideshow.xml and it doesn't work. Can you help PLeeeessseee.

You could put them into different folders and reference them that way? How do you have it setup now? Did you upload everything to the root of the server? Where are the two slideshow.xml files? Are they in the same folder? Just trying to ask some questions to fix your problem. :)

#11 121312er

121312er

FireworksCommander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

The replacement for Flash Elements (Image Viewer) is in Bridge CS4, which should have been installed automatically with Dreamweaver if you accepted the default settings. To launch Bridge, select File > Browse in Bridge. When Bridge opens, select the folder that contains the images you want to display, and select Output from the Bridge Workspace menu. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx9jl2nOlNw&noredirect=1 here you can find the tutorial))